Saturday, November 20, 2004

I am Imak, hear me Roar!

How fun was that assignment! I played a character named Imak, who was a female knight that reached level 5. I had originally chosen a different name, but as a group we decided to use names that were anagrams of our real names so that we could identify each other in the game. I explored and hunted with Ramion, Roehaun, Gracelyn2, MasterP, Xee, Taggart and Bing (don’t remember online names). We even had a couple of players join our hunting parties that were not in 7150. I did not die often when I played with my classmates, however, when I played the game on another day, I got killed quite often. My most horrible deaths were when those ugly Cockroaches from the underground dungeon ganged up on me and when two Orcs attacked me from behind in the forest. Only once did I get attacked by a PC player.

One of the most interesting elements of the game was that user names can change according to the acts that they demonstrate in the game. A red name would indicate evil acts and blue would indicate benevolent acts. I would love it if we could have this kind of indicator in real life.

At the time I wrote this post, I was at level 5, and had quite an arsenal of weapons (most of which I cannot use yet because my class or level is too low) and supplies. I plan to play again with my cohorts over the holiday break so that I can learn to trade, cast spells and transport. I can’t wait to hunt, fight and be merry as I gain more experience.

Last, thanks to Dave for giving us this assignment in week 11, just when we want to slaughter everything around us as we persevere to the end. This has been a long and arduous semester; the perfect time to meld escapism with education.

2 Comments:

Blogger Misery said...

Kami! I was rolling on the floor (lolrof) when I read that you also felt like this game came at a time when I was ready to "Slaughter everything and everyone!"

I think was should make this game a mid-term event. Half-way through the next few semesters we should all get on lineage and kill things! (As long as it isn't the cute little white rabbits!)

By the way, Imak rocked in that game!
Nanci (aka Xee)

3:24 PM  
Blogger CHIA Howie (Xie Aowei) 谢 傲 威 said...

Bing was 'bare-hands' boy :)

rgds,
BH

3:38 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home