Monday, March 26, 2007

American Dental Educators Association (ADEA) Annual Session


Our research project was on Emotional Intelligence and Success in Dental Hygiene Student Clinical Practice. This was a huge project that involved a lot of data and we had to work hard to pull it together in time to present at ADEA.
With this being said, just image how diappointed we were when we discovered that our flight to New Orleans was cancelled. Delta assured us that they could fly us out the next day, however, this would ensure that we would miss our presentation. Yikes! We decided to try to catch any flight possible throughout Sunday and Monday. To make a long story short, we all had to fly seperately and got very little rest in over 24 hours. With all of that we still missed our presentation time. However, we worked it out with ADEA to present at another time the next day. Yeah!
After we presented, we indulged in some much needed relaxation and fun on Bourbon St. I had never been to New Orleans and so was pleasantly surprised by how enjoyable it was. Plus, the French Quarter really looks good, they have worked hard to rebuild it since Katrina.


5 Comments:

Blogger BreAnna said...

It was so enjoyable, I was suprised too. I love these pictures. Your poster is great, I love that you just went and put your poster up, you guys are the perfect examples of loving everything about the profession and be completely dedicated to it. Great examples, and really what makes Weber stand out, and unwavering commitment to the betterment of the profession!

7:18 PM  
Blogger The Obergs said...

Kami, is that a penis around your neck.....hahahah!!! I went to New Orleans for my senior trip and had a ball, isn't the french quarter fantastic!? I'm glad you had so much fun, sorry to hear about your flight. Delta sucks, actually I have a lot of hatred towards all airlines after getting stuck in Houston for a day and half. I never wish sitting in an airport for 26 hours on anyone.

P.S. Looking at these pictures makes me miss doing research with you.... a little bit, actually I think just hanging out would suffice. ;)

12:08 PM  
Blogger Kami said...

Actually, it is a whistle, I guess that it kinda looks like a penis with the way that it is hanging. Funny! Perhaps I should photoshop it out

7:16 PM  
Blogger BreAnna said...

hahaha :o)

3:44 PM  
Blogger Em said...

I love it!!!Glad you rejoined our blog world. Thanks for being great!

4:52 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home