Tuesday, December 11, 2007

My Website and List of Bloggers


I have to say that recently I toured a few blogs and was stunned to count up just how many of us dental hygienist's are blogging.  Our numbers are bigger than they were two years ago.  I have developed a way for the dental hygiene students to gain access to each others blog addresses, but that resource is password protected and registered hygienist's can't post on the student blogs.  This is a sad outcome, because I really value and so do the students the communication that the students get from registered hygienists.  Also, I needed to aggregate a way that I can link to all those who have a blog.  So, I decided to fire up my website again, faculty.weber.edu/khanson4,  to list all of the bloggers, you know who you are, so that we can all have a place to go to find each other.  Yeah!  

Actually, I don't have everyone's address and Melissa (not Leger) has become elitist and will not let just anyone read her blog.  I can guess the impetus for this move but do not know for sure (mystery).  Anyway, let me know if you do not want to be list on this aggregated list.  Moreover, let me know of anyone that you know of who is blogging that I have not listed.  Also, as soon as I get permission from the students at the beginning of next semester, I will add their urls as well.

Also, on my site I have listed current research projects, presentations and a "what's new" section.  The students and I have had fun with mashups and podcasting and now you can too.  How exciting!  However, the last two podcasts are still being edited so are not linked to the site yet.  Please check back.

I would like to make my website a place that has interesting and pertinent information.  Please give me any ideas that I need to include.  Be patient, I meant to have it published tonight but then I ran into a hyperlink situation and so my developed pages aren't linked and the template pages (that are written in greek) still are.  So, don't be confused.  By tomorrow or the next day, I will be done.

In addition, I would like to revisit the dental hygiene community of practice research dealing with online blogs.  Let me know if your interested.  This would be the continuation of the research that Melissa and Ashley helped me with that they presented on at the ADHA meeting.


6 Comments:

Blogger The Obergs said...

oh Kami, this is great!!! I'm excited for what you are doing, however I tried to go to your link and it's still in Greek or something because I definitely can not read it. Melissa had to make her blog a little more protected because she was nervous about the random people that were trying to get details about her life.

Isn't it exciting what you've started??? Remember those many years ago when you had us start a blog and we were all so nervous about it.... LAME! Now I've got my whole family into it.

P.S. I'm going to be down your way on Friday. Is there a possibility for a cleaning sometime in the afternoon?

12:05 PM  
Blogger Em said...

YES it is about time. I had issues with mine and need to start a new one. Would you add mine once I get it going? E-mail emily.adams@ihs.gov

9:01 PM  
Blogger Em said...

emilydadams.blogspot.com

9:24 PM  
Blogger cheeks said...

wow...this blogging thing makes me laugh! to think, we all thought you were crazy a few years ago... the name of melissa's blog said it all "thisisanassignment.blogspot.com"! ha ha ha

I'm glad you've made a way to let us know who's still into it....you have to make a correction on my address though... PUT A "D" in buckwildanDertons not a "T"!

Thanks for getting me into this...because of you we don't feel so far away from our family out here in Ohio. They are all bloggers now too!

I noticed you're on facebook...i'll have to look ya up! Hope all is well and you're having a nice holiday break!

8:55 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

That is great! I found a couple of new classmates on here that I haven't been keeping in touch with. Nice work! Blogging really has gotten huge. I am proud to say that I was the first blogger in my family and now almost every member of my immediate family and Eric's family has a blog. Blogging is fantastic!

7:45 PM  
Blogger BreAnna said...

Oh wait for it, now I get it I guess I should read posts in order so I dont confirm that I am pretyy much the smartest preson you know. I am sad about the RDH not posting on students I love reading student blogs and posting it keeps me on my A game! Thanks for all the time you continue to put into us all as students and frineds!

9:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home