Monday, July 09, 2007

My Amazing Eyeglasses! (I cannot seem to put a REAL title on this post, how irritating and highly illiterate is that!)

I have not bought a new pair of eyeglasses for years...a reality, that I am sure that most of you have noticed. However, I now have had to purchase new glasses because my prescription changed so significantly that I can barely see anymore. Anyway, I ordered new glasses finally and they told me it would take about 2 weeks for them to come in. In the meantime, my "darling" dogs chewed the ends off of my existing glasses, Yikes! I have requested that my order for glasses be expedited (a request which I now believe has fallen on deaf ears) so that I have something decent hanging off of my ears. As it is, look at the current state of my eyeglasses (regular and sunglasses)! I think I should get some sort of award for ingenuity. Plus, I think that you should be given some sort of super geek award if you have super glue on the bridge of your glasses and still exhibit two other forms of ersatz connections, ie: the tape and floral wire. That is three types of bonding agents on just one pair of glasses. I think that I should be awarded some sort of Mensa status, ha ha. Or just an award for super self-esteem for going out in public daily with my amazing nerdette glasses.




Stayed tuned because when I actually do get my new glasses, I am going to post my new look!

9 Comments:

Blogger Susan said...

At least the dogs were thorough and attacked both pair of glasses. I really like the look of floral wire and tape. It beats duct tape. I will worry if I see a pocket protector.

1:59 PM  
Blogger Hale yeah! said...

Nice specs! At least it happened to the old ones and they didn't wait until you got your new ones. I will be excited to see the new look. Maybe you should add a little white tape to the bridge of the nose, then your look would be complete!

2:38 PM  
Blogger Jami said...

How did they last so long before...it's the curse of ordering new ones! I do like the green wire wrapping, very stylish! LOL

5:22 PM  
Blogger BreAnna said...

OH WOW. That is all I can say. You do not need an award to prove your ingenuity.

8:52 PM  
Blogger The Obergs said...

you ARE a nerd! I love it, at least you try to fix them, Taylor has a friend whose glasses only have one arm, and that's how he wears them....

I will be very excited to see the new rims, I think it will give you a totally new look. Not that you need one since you're constantly being transformed by all your bling

I would love it if you called me when you are up in logan for the shower, when is it?

p.s. I'm glad you had such a good 4th and Frank is so cute, I give him a big thumbs up.

9:34 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

You still have the glow.......I love it! I love seeing you so happy. :) Maybe you have started a new trend with the wire eh??

We need to meet up for lunch or something. Call me!!

7:25 PM  
Blogger BreAnna said...

ZZZZZZ....boring :o)

4:47 PM  
Blogger Tatiana said...

So when do we get to see pictures of these new glasses? Have you gotten them yet?

8:30 PM  
Blogger cheeks said...

You made this post on my BDAY!! THAT WAS ALMOST 3 MOS AGO....

3:32 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home