Sunday, May 27, 2007

Birthdays, DARE & Shakespeare,

We have had a crazy time this last month. Isaac had his 12th birthday, Amanda is already 12, both Isaac and Amanda graduated from the DARE program against drugs and they both starred in Shakespeare skits. Wow, and now they only have 5 days left before summer. Yikes!


We celebrated Isaac's birthday at Tapanaki in Layton. As soon as I can upload more pictures to my flickr account I will add more birthday pictures because I had to take several pictures of my son before he would behave. I guess that when he turned 12 he would be less zany. However, with both him and Amanda, I am afraid that my zany days are just beginning.

Amanda's DARE essay was chosen to be read at the DARE graduation. She wrote it herself and it was from the heart. She knows a little bit about how drugs can ruin your life. She did a great job. Included are some pictures of Amanda and Isaac with Miss Utah. She was funny and let them wear her crown. Yes, even Isaac, I wonder if I should be worried.


Last, Isaac and Amanda were in Shakespeare skits. Isaac was the King in Hamlet and Amanda was a princess in Romeo and Juliet. Aren't they cute in their costumes?



Isaac is such a ham and he does not shy away from attention so he was a great king and performed an elaborate death scene. Amanda was a demure and sweet princess, unlike her real life persona, ha ha. Just kidding, Amanda is adorable!

9 Comments:

Blogger Em said...

Thank you for being great! You are a great example to me. I'll be sure to blog about my new adventures in IHS.

8:08 PM  
Blogger The Obergs said...

Kami, you're back!!! I love the new and improved background, very sleek. It looks like you guys have been so busy the last month. Now that you have a little more time I hope to be hearing/seeing more of you. Isaac is looking so good! I haven't seen him for about a year but he looks like he's gotten real tall and really thinned out, go WW! Yes, the Melting Pot was so great and a place that I could see you really enjoying. You might want to have one of your sugar daddies take you because i was shocked at how expensive it is, but worth every penny. I'll be calling you soon because i really would like to find something out about even just borrowing an ultrasonic to take to Mexico. It's good to have you back!

9:39 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Yeah, you are back! I get so excited when you blog, so keep it up! By the way, you look great!!

I agree with crystal, very nice background. I cannot believe how big Isaac is getting. It is crazy! What do you get to do all summer? Are you doing any private practice?

Sorry we did not get to meet up! Would have really liked to see you! I think i am ready to get back to utah by my family. I had my time away and i think i am feeling like i want to be a little closer! Keep your eyes open for any jobs for me!!!

8:29 PM  
Blogger BreAnna said...

Kami, Isaac has changed so much, he is such a neat kid, I so enjoyed the few chances I had to sit and chat with him. I bet you are just loving watching him evolve, I would love to talk with him now. Amanda is adorable, she seems so happy, you really are amazing for what you have done for her, nothing short of changing her life. I am so excited for you, I would love to here more about this new face in your life, what an exciting time for you!! So happy for you. Thanks for your sweet comments on my blog (btw I build the montage, who knew?)

6:58 PM  
Blogger Candice said...

Cute pictures! Thanks for all your help with the craziness! I just heard back yesterday, and they said I will find out in a few weeks, which sucks because originally it was faster than that, but what can ya do? So I heard you want to find this guy again when you go back to New Orleans! Maybe you could slap your number on his chest next time! :)

8:35 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Kami, I have no clue how i stumbled across this but i am going to admit i watched all 20 min of your basic instrumentation video. I loved hearing you instruct, because everything i learned was from you! Till this day i will scale and hear in my head "lead with the toe, toes to the tooth, and i love what you are doing." Fun times! You are creating great hygienists!

8:22 PM  
Blogger Jami said...

I think i need a little more than technology therapy! ha ha ha I haven't had any time to post for like a month, but the next time i do...it will be like vomit spilling out of my blog..so much is going on. I think i need a flikr acct--does that make loading pics to my blog faster?

the last time i saw isaac was at the hygiene halloween party when we were 1st years...he is really growing up! Amanda is a cutie! And what is this...you've met someone?? You can't post that to Bre and not give the rest of us the scoop!

we need to touch base...we're due for lunch at the spaghetti factory and a trip to Envi!

8:32 PM  
Blogger BreAnna said...

I also say "build" when I should say "built" but "I am mostly the smartest person I know" ;o)

9:03 PM  
Blogger shelleylyn said...

Hey, love the OpenEd t-shirt!

11:24 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home