Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Oh My Word!

I have been sufficiently shamed about my quiescent blogging practices. I must admit that I am just not as interesting as my uberblogger peers (ie: Breanna, Michelle, the now defunct Planet Maria etc). However, if folks will read I will continue to post my inane commentaries.

There are a couple of things that I would like to comment on first:

1) NBC is back on iTunes!

This is an event of great significance for me. I usually watch all of my NBC shows at my leisure on my iPod, so I was greatly distressed that iTunes and NBC had a spat. I lost a year of 30Rock and The Office. Nowadays, however, I have been in heaven catching up on past episodes. So funny, last season was a good season for both shows. Life is good for those that participate in electronic escapism!

2) I no longer have any retirement and plan to die on the job!

So how scarry is the economy! I lost a lot of money in my investments during the dot com bust but now have lost the rest in this latest debacle. I feel like I should change my name to Joad and rent a handcart (maybe even start producing some breast milk, lol).

3) I am tired of Sarah Palin!

I don't need my politicians to dumb down their speech to connect with me, however, I do need the occasional wink, at least two times in a 1 hour speech.

4) I love the Applications Feature on my iPhone!

I was quite ambivalent on making the choice to buy an iPhone. I mean, I felt very traitorous to move away from the Blackberry, but once the decision was made the applications quickly won me over. Cool beans man!

5) I am still working on my dissertation and hope to graduate, hell or high water, next semester!

If I am still typing about my dissertation this time next year, just shoot me, because I will need to be put out of my misery. I tell you, this has been a tough process, really hard. I should have just gone to a diploma mill and paid out large sums for my degree. I am sooo over the shame of doing that and the disrespect that a PhD from Indiscriminant Obscure University.com would get me.

6) Breanna is pregnant and I just found out, plus Bryan is graduating!

I am happy for Breanna, but how did I become so disconnected that I missed her pregnancy post. She has posted about 5 times since her announcement post. Yikes! I have been remiss. Also, if Bryan is graduating (which is kudos to him) then my time to use them as a hotel in the big city is greatly diminishing! Yikes! This is about me, I have not time left and no money! Perhaps Bryan can do some post doc work, yea? What is that potential of that? Think of your western locked friends Bre and Bry, we are not ready for you to come how. However, if you do, we have a lot of posters to present in your living room, lol.

7) My son is growing up!

My son is so fun to be around and watch grow at this age. He is writing a novel that is quite creative and changes daily, he has gotten into movie making and has posted to YouTube and he just recently wrote a short story on why the super continent Pangea broke apart. Two words: toilets and groundhogs. The story is available upon request. It is fun to experience a stage with your child where they are actually fun to interact with on a more adult level, even though he is still 13.

8) AND, Crystal is pregnant!

Thanks for reading, I hope to post again soon.

14 Comments:

Blogger The Obergs said...

hahah! I feel so privileged to have been mentioned in your post. But seriously Kami, where have you been!? I even deleted your name off my links bar a few weeks because I'd given up on you ever returning to your blog (especially because I hear that you're an avid facebooker now)... But don't you worry, I am now adding you back, on the conditions that you promise to post more than once every 8 months.

I'm loving all of your updates, especially the one about Sarah Palin. Seriously, who would vote for that duo when you've got such capable candidates on the other side??

I still need my teeth cleaned!! I haven't had them cleaned since october 2006. Yeah, that's right 2 YEARS! Ok, I actually bust out my scalers every couple of months and try my best at calculus removal on my own teeth, but I just can't do the job I'm looking for. Next time I'm in Ogden I'm going to hunt you down so you can save me from periodontal disease.

Anyway, welcome back. Call me sometime, we need to catch up.

1:05 PM  
Blogger Justin & Ashlee said...

I was glad to hear from you again. You should definately keep posting. We are doing good. My baby was actually born in the US but if she had been born here we could have her be a dual citizen. It is so interesting living outside the US, that is for sure.

2:12 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I am so glad you blogged finally! Oh and you missed one... I am prego too! Oh and Tatiana, Melissa and Sheryl are, I think that's all I know of from our class.

5:19 PM  
Blogger Josh and Laurie said...

ITS A MIRACLE!!! You finally posted again. Not that I don't see you every once in a while at work, but I still love to see everyone's blog. I hope you finally get your dissertation finished. I need to come see the VR and see how it works.

5:46 PM  
Blogger Mary Ann said...

Kami, I am not pregnant;) just wanted to get that out of the way. So yeah the Tundra gets an impressive 17.8 mpg!! So the way I look at it is that I can throw money into the garbage in the form of diapers or i can throw it away in the form of a non-renuable resource. I know pretty noble of me...i was looking at your virtual research. looks impressive (caps key is not working here @ PSU--whatever). I am so glad you are still sticking in there. Weber really does need you!!!!! I hope all is well with you and your family!

6:39 PM  
Blogger Trent and Cas said...

Holy crap! I am glad to see you are back to blogging, and I must say that like you, I love the winking from Palin. (Not!) Hope things are going good this year.

7:20 PM  
Blogger cheeks said...

KAMI! What a great surprise to see a comment from you! How are you doing?! I loved your update! I'm glad you're still alive and well! YEah, so didn't you get the memo about getting pregnant?! Apparently it's the thing to do! ha ha WE are super excited (and i must admit, nervous as well!) I just cut back from 5 days to 3 days at work and am the happiest girl alive!

I love that your son is writing a novel...let's be real, with your vocabulary and his imagination, this book will be a best seller! (and i'll be too dumb to understand it!) Good luck with finishing your dissertation....YOU CAN DO IT! Just think of how much free time you'll have when it's done...isn't that motivation enough?

Glad to have you back! Take care! --Jami--

7:20 AM  
Blogger {Jamey} said...

Welcome back! I thought you had dropped of the face of the blogging planet! So you did end up getting an I phone then huh? I remember you saying that you wanted to get one earlier this year. They are awesome huh!

8:07 AM  
Blogger Maria said...

I also feel privileged to get a mention on your blog! I miss Planet Maria and I plan to start blogging again in January when I start grad school. Stay tuned...

11:52 AM  
Blogger BreAnna said...

Kami, you just make me smile, everything you say/write/text makes me laugh!

1. I love watching tv episodes post airing, and I am totally an electronic escapist, the one problem about the "catch up" season is I often end up watching an entire season of my favorite shows in a 72 hour period!

2.The economy really is so scary right now, it is so weird to watch here, they have changed the t-shirts here from saying "I heart NY" to "I leave (with a picture of a luggage bag) NY." I want to wear a shirt that says "I just paid 700 for the bailout and all I got was this lousy economy" But I have to say if I had to pick one person never ever ever to retire and leave Weber, it would be you (sorry)! I am starting to feel like it is just better to use the "just don't look approach" with our 401K and stocks. Avoidance will solve this problem right?

3) Sarah Palin...all I have to say is that if Katie Couric asks you what newspapers you read, and you can't answer that... not good! I don't know what is worse... that she lacks the intellectual curiosity to read a newspaper, or the fact that she's not smart enough to just lie! Tell her you read the New York Times! And that is darn tootin' for sure!

4) iPhone, I just try and keep the blinders on Bry everytime we see one, but hear they are awesome.

5) I had to laugh at the dipolma mill, I can't imagine how tough it has been to juggle all you do. But I will keep the "shot me next year" request in mind? Maybe I'll borrow a gun from Sarah Pallin and hunt you down!

6) Wow, how can I make it as an entire number on your blog. I tired to convince Bryan that we could in fact wait forever, but he confirmed that we can not. We are excited in that "what have we got ourselves into" sort of way! We are in fear of leaving the city so who knows maybe we will just throw this hold "denist" idea down the drain and stay here, he can always get a job serving at the Times Square Olive Garden, right?! We however have a poster lined up for your viewing from Dallas last year!


7) I adore Issac, he is so fun, and spunky, only a mother like you, with your intesitiy for education could have a 13 year old son writing a novel! My favorite Issac story however remains as the velcro idea, so cute. However groundhogs and toliets come close.

8) Crystal is pregnant!!!!!!!!! (I just had to add some more !!!!!!, because how !!!!!! is it that both crystal and jami are!!!!)

Gald you're are back :o) and I had no idea you could post a comment this long, I kept expecting an "exceeds allowed text" warning.

3:24 PM  
Blogger Camisha Gollaher said...

I was totally astounded when you commented on my blog...but for you to update??? Kami, congratulations-you finally took some time to unwind! It's really time. Do it more often. I'll keep up!!!

2:46 PM  
Blogger Em said...

Kami, it's nice to finally see an update. Nope, I'm not pregnant. Still in Yakima.....

9:02 PM  
Blogger Melissa Rees said...

Wow! Welcome back. I also had a baby, but i think you knew that. What a handfull! I honestly had no idea it would change my life so much. Congrats on being so close to the Phd. You rock! Let us know when you graduate.

6:32 PM  
Blogger Lindsey said...

I guess all of us graduated DH students are full of surprises... Add me to the list. I am expecting a baby boy this June.

1:28 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home